Quick Search: People
Quick Search is a very powerful, easy-to-access tool that lets you get right where you want to be as quickly as possible. In this article, we will show you how to use Quick Search to find People.
Quick Search is available at the top of every page inside Clockwork. When you click inside the field, you will see the People category selection appear. Clicking on that category will expand a menu that lets you choose other categories on which to perform a Quick Search. In our case, we are searching for People, so click there:
Quick Search Rules:
- The results are not sorted by (short-handed) names, it is sorted by relevance to the entered values. Example Name: Robert Downey
- Rob Down, will pull all names with the First Name "Rob" first then display Robert at the end of the list.
- Rob Downey, will pull Robert Downey to the top of the search because the Last Name is spelled out completely and will identify the Last Name and pull the reference from the short-handed First Name.
- Robert, will pull all names with 'Robert" to the top of the list and will not show any "Rob" names.
- Phone Numbers and Emails are active and hyperlinked:
- Clicking on the phone number will dial in your default call application in your browser.
- Clicking on the Email will open your email client.
- If a person has the following flags on, they will show in the drop-down: Project icon, Deal Icon, Client Icon, and Do Not Contact Icon.
- Select from List, either by mouse or keyboard navigation, the user will be taken to the selected person record.
- Press enter or search while the cursor is in the search field, the user will be taken to all matches.
As you begin typing, Quick Search matches the first three typed characters within the People database that match that search string. You can also see a scrollable suggestions list of people.
Each person in the suggested list has the following information:
- Preferred or first email the person record
- Summary Position
- Phone Number
CLOCKWORK INITIAL TRAINING:
Previous Article: Merge Contacts
Next Article: Search by Client Companies