Import Contacts via CSV
In this article, you will learn how to import many People into your database with a CSV import. The process is simple in terms of interfacing with the Clockwork platform. However, if you have more than 10 contacts or have candidates with lots of details, you should schedule enough time to prepare your data import. Please refer to this article for more information on how to prepare the data correctly.
1. First, navigate to the People page by clicking on the People menu option . Click the Import  button near the top left corner:
2. A new window will open. Select CSV File .
3. On this new window, you can read more about the import process. Download a sample CSV file  and populate it with the contact details that you have. Click Add File  to upload your filled up CSV file, and click Import  to complete the process. You will see a message showing your import progress, and the results of the import will also be emailed to you:
4. If you want to import your contacts directly to a project and with a preset Candidate status, you will need to locate your Project ID. Follow the steps in this article and take note of your Project ID.
5. Once you have noted your Project ID, head over to the CSV file for importing. Add the following columns:
- Candidate_status  - This must reflect your Firm's Candidate Statuses (optional; if this is not populated the candidate will default to researching status)
- Project_ID 
6. When you import this CSV file with the added columns, you should find your newly imported candidates under your project  with their designated statuses .
7. Remember, this process can be easy with small data sets, or formidable with very large data sets. We did not cover all the details of data preparation in this short article. Please refer to our full article series on Importing Data for more information and support.
CLOCKWORK INITIAL TRAINING:
Previous Article: Manually Add a Candidate
Next Article: Search for People by Criteria