Parse a Resume
Resume parsing is not an exact science - which is why we don't recommend parsing resumes.
If you plan to Contact Grab from LinkedIn, then you will want to change your parsing solution to NOT bring over "Work" and "Education" or you will frequently receive duplicate Position information. People are often inconsistent in their work descriptions thus their resume will almost always be different than what they put in LinkedIn.
The best practice is to attach the resume and pull in work history from LinkedIn using Contact Grabber. When there are instances you would like to use the parsing feature, follow the steps below. You have two options:
If the Contact isn't in your People Database
1. Go to your People tab and click the Import icon:
2. In the pop-up window that appears, select Parse Resume:
3. Select Add File and click Import:
If the Contact is in your People Database
1. Navigate to the correct Record in your People Tab, and select Files:
2. Select Add File, Attach Resume. Then, choose Parse:
CLOCKWORK INITIAL TRAINING:
Previous Article: View a Person' s Files
Next Article: Pendulum Email Integration Explained