Why does my current Company search pull up past employees?
When using Clockwork's Advanced Search option, you may decide to search for all contacts in your database who are current employees of a certain company. You may find that your search results are showing you some past employees of that company as well.
1. Select "People" from the left side of your screen then type a company name in the text field, click "Search".
2. A list of current and former employees will appear.
Why is this happening?This occurs when the contact you imported doesn't have dates on some or all of their position details. Without an end date for a past position it will appear as though the person is still employed by that company.
Change contact to "Former Employee":
3. Click the "Person" that you would like to edit. Once clicked you will see all of their information.
4. Select the "Positions" Tab then "Edit" button.
5. Enter the "Start and End Dates" into the appropriate fields. Adding the end date will properly mark the person as a "Former Employee".
6. Once you click "Save Changes" you will then see the person is listed as a "Former Employee".